Released: May 18th 2016.
Rage of Demons an expansion to Sword Coast Legends that was released on the 18th of May, 2016. The expansion introduces Tieflings as a new playable race for players, as well as the new Warlock class. Other additions are two new tilesets, new creatures and new spells.
Changes to the DM mode include a party wipe resetting the dungeon if the DM sets this option, a new village area and placables were added, as well as the ability to make ambient NPC's display text and to place visual effects. The options to modify tilesets has been greatly improved, and DM's can now also lock or unlock access to certain areas depending on the state of a quest.
- Drizzt Do'Urden appears in the expansion.
- Allows player-created characters as companions in story mode.
- Enable players to control their characters' movement with the WASD keys.
- New Rage of Demons tile sets and placeable objects
- New creatures available for DMs
New playable class: Warlocks
- Warlocks start with the signature Eldritch Blast, but if the player desires they can spend points to purchase Pact of the Blade, which allows the character to be a viable melee-oriented caster.
- Warlocks have a reworked version of Finger of Death. When using the attack, multiple zombies are conjured near the affected target and follow the warlock’s bidding.
- Warlocks gain a new crowd control spell in the form of Tasha’s Hideous Laughter, which causes the afflicted target to be knocked down, as horrible laughter incapacitates it for a long period of time.
- Dark One’s Blessing is a passive ability that grants temporary hit points any time the warlock kills an enemy.
- Hurl Through Hell is a passive ability that randomly takes a struck target out of combat for a brief period, dealing fire damage over time as it’s spirit is tormented in the fires of hell.
- Warlocks can also gain the ability to resurrect a corpse as a zombie servant using the spell Create Thrall.
New playable race: Tieflings
Gain the following benefits from their racial abilities :
- Hellish Resistance: All fire damage is reduced by 50 per cent.
- Hellish Rebuke: Flames surround the caster, reaching out and burning any creature that attacks for the next forty seconds.
- Darkness: Magical darkness spreads from a point within range to fill a three-yard radius sphere for the duration.